My goal is to engage your readers: whether they're starting with your About Us page or clicking through your online store to decide which product they can't live without.
We want to sell what you're bringing to the table, and my writing and editing expertise helps you win.
Ever lost a customer over a typo you missed or an improperly constructed sentence? I bet you have -- I'm that type of customer. If a company doesn't take time to invest in error-free brand copy, I'm suspicious of the time it takes perfecting its products and services.
Trained in the newsroom and classroom, my experience as a journalist and marketer with a B.A. in English and Creative Writing means I have a real-world understanding of our community: how they want to be talked to, what they're afraid of, what they're looking for and what their current buying habits are. But in addition to my résumé, I'm passionate about doing creative content marketing well and getting the right message to the right audience.
What are my takeaways?
- You'll have thoughtful, polished, well-researched content ready to go live.
- If your brand doesn't yet have a distinct voice, I'll create one -- Yodelayheehoo! (It won't sound like that.)
- In keeping with my idols William Strunk, Jr., and E.B. White, I don't use nine words when four will do. That means less reading time for your easily distracted site visitors so they quickly glean the point: Your products are awesome, you're a saint and they'd love to give you all their money.
What's life like with a copywriter?
- A relief: Turn your content needs over to me, and get on with your day using your own strengths. Maybe that's managing a team, designing logos or analyzing spreadsheets (bless your heart) -- I'm a big believer in working with your own skills and hiring out where you're lacking. It's why I have an accountant.
- You'll have clean, error-free copy you can depend on. On which you can depend. (I'll try not to end sentences in a preposition.)
- Depending on your preference, I'll use Word's Track Changes or Google's Suggestions and Comments so you can see my work and add your voice along the way, or you may want to push the writing work out of your mind entirely and only hear from me with the end product. I take no offense to that -- It lets me fully delve into my creative marketing work.
Find more sweet testimonials here!
If you're ready to jazz up your copy for $90/hour:
You'll notice that the only way to reach me is by email instead of directly purchasing packages online. That's because I feel there's tons of value in having a conversation first about your project's goals: I get a feel for your voice, you get a feel for mine, and then we decide to be friends forever.
Sound good? Hit that button above, and let's get to it!